This is the first training for teachers from France, Hungary, Italy and the UK for the Erasmus+ I-CAN project. ICN is excited that as one of the international partners in the collaboration, teachers from our network are taking part.
We’re proud partners of the I-CAN project, which draws together educators seeking to engage school children to think critically about climate change, collaborate sustainably and act justly. It reaches educators across France, Hungary, Italy and the UK, providing an educational platform to network and access resources.
One of I-CAN’s aims is to increase the capacity of educators to support schools, and this international collaboration and online training will set this in motion. Educators from each of the countries will meet virtually to:
- Feel part of a European community of teachers
- Be introduced to the Community of Enquiry method
- Understand what a Climate Change Conference is and how it might be run in school
- Gain insights into the project, commitments and timelines
- Feel empowered to promote student voice in school.
Educators will go on to facilitate Model UN Climate Conferences with school pupils and share their results with other schools across Europe, local authorities and trainee teachers.
To find out more about the International Climate Action Network (I-CAN) project click here.