This is an exciting volunteer opportunity to join the governing body of a growing youth climate action NGO working with schools and partners across the UK to accelerate climate action and promote the voices of young people in their own sustainable future. InterClimate Network (ICN) is seeking to appoint a Treasurer who will also be a member of the Board of Trustees.
The post-holder will work collaboratively with the existing Board members to ensure the charity’s good governance, with specific oversight over the charity’s finances and financial controls.
About InterClimate Network
ICN’s vision and objectives: Climate change is the challenge of our generation. It is critical that youth are empowered to act on climate change but there are currently a lack of educational opportunities and tools to support action across lifestyle, career and society. InterClimate Network is the operating name of InterClimate Trust, a UK registered charity that empowers young people with the skills, knowledge and confidence to lead the debate and action on climate change and to make informed educational and career choices.
How we deliver: Working with schools across the UK, ICN organises interactive events, produces educational resources, and acts as a network for sharing climate-focused opportunities with teachers and students. ICN engages students aged from 13 to 18 about the challenges posed by climate change. Our educational programmes promote young voices in discussions about climate sustainability and inspire student-led climate action.
Watch an example of one of our climate conference events here:
About the role
As Treasurer, you would work closely the Board of Trustees and Programme Director to:
- Oversee budgets, accounts, financial statements and financial reports which are presented to the Board of Trustees after discussion with the Programme Director
- Provide assurance that the financial resources of the organisation meet its present and future needs and that expenditures are within the charity’s objects
- Record the cashbook and ensure that operational plans and activities are consistent with the financial resources available to the charity.
- Act as ‘first point of contact’ on the board of trustees for our Programme Director (this aspect of the role would appeal to individuals with a broader project management interest or skillset)
- Liaise with the charity’s accountant as part of the sign off process for the annual accounts
To your duties as Treasurer and Trustee, you would bring an enthusiasm for the ideals of ICN and a passion for climate sustainability. We seek a Trustee with a background in finance and accounting, ideally in a charitable context, who would be willing to volunteer at least 8 hours per month.
Should you be interested in applying for the role, please send a short note of motivation and CV to our Board Secretary Catherine Sayers (email@example.com) by 10th March 2023.